Translate blog

Monday, September 14, 2009

Women Power, kudos to Beyonce! Kanye West is an asshole!

Kanye West gave a performance that will never be forgotten at the MTV Video Music Awards, but unfortunately for him, it had nothing to do with his music.
The rapper stormed on stage to unleash an astonishing rant during an acceptance speech by country starlet Taylor Swift at the MTV Video Music Awards last night.
The 19-year-old singer, who was collecting Best Female Video for You Belong To Me, was left humiliated as West snatched the microphone from her hands.
He turned to the audience and shouted that the gong should have gone to his big friend Beyonce, for Single Ladies.
The hip hop star, who had been swigging Hennessy cognac on the red carpet earlier in the night, was booed roundly by the celebrity-packed audience of thousands.
And it was only the first category of the night.

Swift had breathlessly began her speech with the words, 'I always wondered what it would be like to maybe win one of these some day, but never actually thought it would happen'.
But before she could continue any further, West leaped from his seat in the audience, ran onto the stage and rushed to grab the microphone as a bemused Swfit struggled to take in what was happening.
West told the stunned star: 'Yo Taylor. I'm really happy for you, I'm going to let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time.'
Cameras cut to Beyonce in the crowd who looked shocked and mortified.
As West shrugged his shoulders and handed back the microphone, a shell-shocked Swift stood in the centre of the stage seemingly unable to continue.
However, she was given another chance to say her piece when Beyonce did win an award for Single Ladies, in the Best Video category. First she told the audience about her first VMA win as a 17-year-old with Destiny's Child and how much it meant to her and then she sportingly brought the teen singer back on stage to huge applause.

The pair, both dressed in bright red, embraced before Beyonce passed the microphone to Swift.
Wes was ejected from the awards show at Radio City Music Hall in New York.
He apologised for his outburst on his blog later.For her part, Swift called the evening 'interesting.'
'I was standing on stage and I was really excited because I'd just won the award and then I was really excited because Kanye West was on stage,' Swift recalled after the show. 'And then I wasn't excited anymore after that.'
She later said she had been getting many messages of support and that she felt indebted to Beyonce for giving up her moment to allow her to speak.
'It was just so wonderful and so incredibly classy of her and just gracious and wonderful to let me say something.
'She's just been my hero and one of my idols ever since I was little. Before the talented artist, the superstar, she's always been a great person and I just, I thought I couldn't love Beyonce more tonight, than tonight.'
Swift said she doesn't have any ill-will toward the rapper, 32, of whom she said she was once a fan.
'I don't know him, and I've never met him, so...' she said. 'I don't want to start anything because I had a great night tonight.' (READ MORE)

No comments: