Translate blog

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Are Hillary and Sarah going out for coffee?

In Going Rogue, Sarah Palin takes back her campaign criticism of Hillary Clinton, saying that she now realizes that Clinton was a victim of some sexist media bias. She goes on to write this:
“Should Secretary Clinton and I ever sit down over a cup of coffee, I know that we will fundamentally disagree on many issues, but my hat is off to her hard work on the 2008 campaign trail. …[A] lot of her supporters think she proved what Margaret Thatcher proclaimed: “If you want something said, ask a man. If you want something done, ask a woman.”
When I asked Clinton to respond, she laughed and quickly took up Palin's suggestion:

“Well you know, I’ve never met her, and I’d look forward to sit down and talk with her. Obviously we’re going to hear a lot more from her in the upcoming week, with her book coming up and I would look forward to having a chance to get to meet her."
How much would you pay to pour the coffee at that summit?
Here's the exchange:




(Story Source)

No comments: