Translate blog

Saturday, February 13, 2010

They started lining up at 5 a.m. to see Palin in Daytona book signing

They started lining up at 5 a.m. Friday outside the Books-A-Million at the Volusia Mall to make sure they were the first 900 people to get wrist bands to come back for Sarah Palin's book signing Monday.
In the crowd, a 15-year-old Spruce Creek student who skipped school by herself made friends.

"I just think she's a strong Godly woman and I think she has great morals, and she's an intelligent individual and I think she has a lot to offer," said Rayane Escudero, a student.
"I wish I would have had a role model like Sarah when I was her age," said Michigan resident Norma Gross. "I just think it's wonderful that a woman can do anything today."

There were also NASCAR fans who took a morning off from racing.
"Saw it on the news and couldn't resist it. Proud to say I'm from Massachusetts and we got Scott Brown in there, it's the start of a revolution," said Tony Margino, a Massachusetts resident.
Margino was referring to Brown, the first Republican elected to the U.S. from Massachusetts in decades.

And there was a supporter who turned heads, people thinking maybe the former governor and vice presidential nominee had a made surprise visit.
"These are my supporters, everybody loves it," said Debbie Cavalier, Palin look-a-like. "The book is great."
Because of the timing of the event, Palin plans to be across the street for some of the Daytona 500 festivities. People in the crowd also like the fact her book signing falls on President's day. (continue reading here)

No comments: