Translate blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

Another classy statement from our President: “I Can’t Suck it Up With a Straw”

ABC News' Sunlen Miller reports:  While visiting with Louisianan residents last week during his trip to Grand Isle, President Obama expressed a little frustration that he was not able to plug to hole still spewing oil in the Gulf by himself.

“Even though I am President of the United States my powers are not limitless,” Obama said last Friday at Camardelle’s Live Bait and Boiled Seafood, “So I can’t dive down there and plug the hole. I can’t suck it up with a straw.  All I can do is make sure that I put honest, hardworking, smart people in place.”

The president’s quote – previously unseen by the pool of reporters traveling with him not allowed access to this specific exchange – was posted today on the White House website as part of their weekly video posting, “West Wing Week.” The weekly video summarizes the president’s week by featuring behind-the-scenes footage shot by White House videographers.

 “I will do everything in my power to do right by you guys. And everybody along the coast,” the president promises the residents, seated around a table, in the video.
-Sunlen Miller-ABC

No comments: