Translate blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Obama: ‘I Don’t Think About Sarah Palin’

It was just days ago that former Gov. Sarah Palin of Alaska told ABC’s Barbara Walters that she believed she could beat President Obama in a hypothetical 2012 matchup.

Now, Mr. Obama has told Ms. Walters that he doesn’t “think about Sarah Palin.”

In an interview with Mr. Obama and Michelle Obama taped Wednesday, Ms. Walters asked the president whether he thought he could beat Ms. Palin if she became the Republican nominee.

He dismissed thinking about that possibility. But he also offered a bit of respect for the onetime vice presidential candidate who has become a media superstar by writing two books, doing a reality TV show and harnessing social media.

“Obviously, Sarah Palin has a strong base of support in the Republican Party, and I respect those skills,” Mr. Obama said. “But I spend most of my time right now on how I can be the best possible president. And my attitude has always been, from the day I started this job, that if I do a good job and if I’m delivering for the American people, the politics will take care of itself.”
Mr. Obama added: “If I falter and the American people are dissatisfied, then I’ll have problems.” (Source NYT)

No comments: