Translate blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Elton John talks about Rush Limbaugh

Elton John is expressing a newfound fondness for someone most would see as a foe, Rush Limbaugh, the outspokenly anti-gay marriage radio personality. In the new issue of Rolling Stone, to be released Friday, John discusses the thaw between the two, who many would expect to have a lot to disagree over.

John explained his reaction when asked by Limbaugh to perform at his wedding, "I could not believe when I was asked to play. I thought it was a joke."

Limbaugh wed Kathryn Rogers in Florida on June 5, 2010 in a lavish Hawaiian-themed ceremony. Photos of the fete are still available on Limbaugh's official Facebook page. It is his fourth marriage.

He further discussed his motivation to continue an alliance with Limbaugh, hoping that the camaraderie between the two will eventually morph into support for gay rights.
"I had dialogue with him before and he said, 'I'm not anti-gay, I want you to come, bring David' (David Furnish, Elton John's partner of 12 years, whom he legally entered a partnership with during a civil ceremony in 2005 and with whom he has recently adopted a son).
"My goal is for Rush to say, 'I support civil partnerships,' and if I rang him right now, I think he might agree. He was one of the first people to congratulate us on the baby." (Continues here)

No comments: