Translate blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

McCain hits back at Cheney re Palin

Ariz. Sen. John McCain responded Monday to Dick Cheney’s criticism of his 2008 vice presidential pick with a dig of his own, saying he’s “always glad to get comments four years later” and noting he disagreed with the former vice president on the use of torture.

Cheney had questioned McCain’s selection of former Alaska governor Sarah Palin as his running mate in an interview with ABC, arguing Palin wasn’t qualified to take over the presidency.

McCain dismissed Cheney’s retroactive advice with a bit of snark and alluded to another disagreement he had with his fellow Republican.

“Well, I’m always glad to get comments four years later,” McCain said on “Fox and Friends.” “Look, I respect the vice president. He and I had strong disagreements on whether we should torture people or not. I didn’t think we should have. But the fact is that I’m proud of Sarah Palin, I’m proud of the job she did, I’m proud of the job she continues to do. So, everybody has their own views and I respect those views. But I’m proud of what we did.” (Continues with comment on Liz Cheney)

No comments: