Translate blog

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Labor Secretary Hilda Solis resigns

WASHINGTON -- Labor Secretary Hilda Solis, the first Latina to serve in a Cabinet, is stepping down, the White House announced Wednesday.

In a letter to employees at the department, Solis said she submitted her resignation to President Obama Wednesday afternoon. After reflecting on her future with friends and family in California over the holidays, Solis said she “decided to begin a new future, and return to the people and places I love and that have inspired and shaped my life.”

“Together we have achieved extraordinary things and I am so proud of our work on behalf of the nation’s working families,” she said. “Leaving the department is one of the most difficult decisions I have ever made, because I have taken our mission to heart.” (Continues)

No comments: