Translate blog

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

DAY "ONE": Obama goofs right off the bat

The Associated Press Tuesday, January 20, 2009; 12:51 PM

It didn't take long for Barack Obama to make the first mistake of his presidency.
In the third sentence of his inaugural speech Tuesday, the newly sworn-in president said, "Forty-four Americans have now taken the presidential oath."
While there have been 44 presidential administrations, there have been only 43 presidents; Grover Cleveland served two nonconsecutive terms in the late 1800s.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WS Comment: Of course, this is the same guy who said: "It is wonderful to be back in Oregon. Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."




And on that same day, at a later stop, Obama was talking with reporters and expressed concern he'd also mis-stated the number of potential cyclone victims in Burma. He said, ""I hope I said 100,000 people the first time instead of 100 million. I understand I said there were 57 states today. It's a sign that my numeracy is getting a little, uh." At that point, an aide cut him off and ushered journalists out....

No comments: