Translate blog

Monday, February 8, 2016

Pataki endorses Rubio

Former New York Gov. George Pataki on Tuesday announced his support for Marco Rubio, hailing the Florida senator as someone who can unite the country.

“We have had a president who has divided us for political benefit. Hillary Clinton is always dividing us for her benefit. Donald Trump is dividing us so he gets the benefit,” Pataki told Fox News’ Martha MacCallum. “Marco Rubio’s going to bring us together, make us understand we’re all Americans for the common future, and I’m proud to endorse him. And I don’t intend to just endorse. I’m going to do everything I can to help Sen. Rubio win this election.”

Rubio is a great leader and intelligent congressman with vision and know-how to defeat radical Islamic terrorism, Pataki added. “I took a look at all the candidates and, in my mind, there’s one person who stands out, and that is Sen. Marco Rubio,” he said.

“I have enormous confidence that Marco Rubio is ready today to be president of the United States. He’s provided great leadership. He did it in the state Legislature in Florida.” (Full Story)

No comments: